Valentina Iofe. Parts from live interview.
“Do not panic”
Valentina: When I was 6 years old. We lived in a very old house, and as you can imagine all the appliances in this house were very old, and as far I can remember barely functioned.
One night my mother was cooking diner and suddenly a fire got started on the top of our very old stove. My first reaction as a 6 years old child was: I started cry for help. I opened the front door and started screaming: “SOS, Somebody help Us, Fire, Emergency” – to put it simple, I had screamed every line i’ve heard in the movies before 🙂
To my big surprise my mother laughed and comely said: “Close the door, come to your mother I will teach you how to behave in a situation like this.” We easily distinguished the fire together. And I felt as I was standing on the top of the world.
I took this simple lesson through the whole my life: Do not panic in any extreme situation. Analyze, plan your action and act accordingly.
Valentina: I was 13 years old. I wanted to take my singing carrier to the next level. So, what I did is one day at 5 o’clock in the morning I was standing in front of National Television Company.
It was a very cold winter, I would say minus 20 degrees outside.
I came from not a really rich family, so I had no warm clothes. So from 5 o’clock till 11 I was singing trying to get somebody’s attention. In the first couple of hours I had assembled a team of personal fans: security guards, policemen, cleaning ladies. But unfortunately these people could not help me in achieving my goal. But I knew that determination and hard work will bring you to the place where you wanted to be.
So, after 6 hours of below “0 degree performance” 🙂 I was called inside by one of TV executives. An executive audition cru was put together and I had auditioned for them for at least 2 hours strait. Singing any possible genres of music: Country, pop, rock, gipsy, jazz, opera everything you can or even can not imagine.
It worked! I was chosen to represent my country at the international singing competition.
And as I mentioned before I came from not a really rich family and did not have an outfit for an international singing competition, at this point everybody had joined sources in getting me an appropriate costume: dress came from one person, shoes from another.
And guess what? I did not let them and my self down. I had won! I came back to my country as a winner. (Please do not forget I was 13 years old).
Valentina: Let me tell you a story –
A big family sitting at the table and everyone says: “God, please help me to win a lottery.” This process goes for hours. Finally at the end of the six hour God lost his passions and says: “Common guys, At least you have to buy a lottery ticket.” 🙂
I strongly believe that I would never had been in the place where I am today without hard work. Even with God’s help there is no substitute for the hard work.
It’s much easier to give up, than to put a Fight, but fighters are only people that win.
In my carrier I was blessed to work with numerous talented people.
This work always gives me an opportunity to grow as an artist and a person.
Valentina: When I write my songs, I actually live trough this process: I cry, I laugh. Songs is a mirror of real life where victories and defeats, bad and good coexist. By looking into this mirror I bring reality of life into my creative process.
Valentina: The most important thing is not to allow yourself to find an excuse that will let you not to do something you really want. Doing compromises makes people weaker.
When I establish a goal to be achieved the process has to be uncompromised, and “I do not save for the swim back.”
Every person on earth learns it’s lesson by making different mistakes. The only source of knowledge is experience. Experience avoiding the mistakes you already made.
Valentina Iofe. Quotes.
– “Do not mix temporary difficulties with real problems.”- Valentina Iofe
– “Even with God’s help there is no substitute for the hard work.” – Valentina Iofe
– “It’s much easier to give up, than to put a Fight, but fighters are only people that win.”- Valentina Iofe
– “Try to use 1% of your instincts and 99% of your brain.”- Valentina Iofe
– “Every person on earth learns it’s lesson by making different mistakes. The only source of knowledge is experience. Experience avoiding the mistakes you already made.”- Valentina Iofe
– “The most important thing is not to allow yourself to find an excuse that will let you not to do something you really want. Doing compromises makes people weaker.”- Valentina Iofe
– “Work always gives me an opportunity to grow as an artist and a person.”- Valentina Iofe
– “Fight your imperfections imagining that you are the worst, so you can perform as the best.”- Valentina Iofe
– “I fell in love once and forever.”– Valentina Iofe
– “Maybe it is not a bad idea to turn your life around. And start over.”- Valentina Iofe
– “Arguments are part of relationship.”- Valentina Iofe
– “Life is testing you all the time. Learn to adapt.”- Valentina Iofe
Valentina Iofe. Funny quotes about sex. Relativity Theory.
– “If you could have sex in the spaceship moving at the speed of light, based on the relativity theory, to a jealous observer watching it from earth, it would look like an infinite process.”- Valentina Iofe.
– “Money back guaranty for the Vodka Cinderella.
Upon drinking of 500 ml or more of our famous vodka, we guaranty that you become the Cinderella and remain in this status till at least midnight, or your money back.”- Valentina Iofe.
Article Published by World Reference Book